Component's in 6.5.2

We’re in the process of upgrading from rx 5.7 to rx 6.5.2 and I am having no luck finding where change components in the 6.5.2 workbench. In 5.7 it is in the System tab and a link to Compents by Name.

If anyone can point me to where this is in 6.5.2 I’d appreciate it.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Would you please specify which components you are looking for? If it’s templates (formerly known as variants) you would go to the Assembly Design view in the workbench. As a starting place, you could search the Rhythmyx Implementation guide. For more details, go to
Workbench->Help->Rhythmyx Workbench Help
and search for the component you are looking for.

Rhonda

Rhonda

I’m looking for rcsearch. We had customized this, but after the upgrade an error is generated when using the search so I would like to set it to the out-of-the-box setting. Attached is an image of what I’m talking about in 5.7.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Not sure how it relates to 5.7, but in 6.5, if you need to access your related content search interface, you can do that thru the Workbench->UI Elements->Content Explorer->Searches view. If you want to customize the interface for the Standard RC_Search, from there you would open, Searches->RC_Search and click on the elipse […]. That brings up the Field Selection Editor and you can add/remove fields as you need.

R

Rhonda,

The problem seems to be when you use the active assembly table editor and click on a slot name, it brings up a different search that is pointing at a different application. I would like to point that to the RCSearch that you had described.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I couldnt find how to change it once you have upgraded to 6.5.2. If you are at 5.7, you can do it before upgrading by following the steps in the “Upgrading 5.x to Rhythmyx 6.5.2”. There is a section called “Revised HTML Search Pages” that gives the steps to setup using sys_searchSupport.

On 6.5.2, it looks like rcsupport is pulled from the db…but I dont know how. I could verify that sys_component is set to rcsupport by viewing the source for the Active Assembly Table editor and looking for rffsidebar. I dont know where that gets set. Maybe someone else out there can enlighten us on this one.

R

In the Workbench, select the “XML Server” view. Expand the “Configurations” folder. You should see a “Components” node below that folder. Double-click on it, and the old components html page will load within the workbench (this may take a minute or two). You should be able to make the change you want there.

Thanks, Jay. That was exactly what I was looking for, it worked like a charm.

Chris

Hi,

Just wondering, is the XML Server > Configurations > Components interface just a legacy feature, or does it have uses for those of us starting with Rhythymx 6.5.2? If it does, is there any documentation out there (or in the PDFs that I might have missed) which explains its purpose?

Thanks,

Andrew.

It is a legacy feature and is only there for backwards compatibility. New users should not use it and anyone that is using it should move away from it as it is being phased out as we move forward.