Extending Publishable States

Hi, I am trying to extend publishable states. I am following documentation and I did add keyword and everything else according to docs. My problem is that when I try to edit JSR-170 query in the content list and add AND STATES.CONTENTVALID=‘p’ I got syntax error message. So my whole query looks like this:

select rx:sys_contentid, rx:sys_folderid from rx:FBFS_Pages,FBFS_Copy,FBFS_Disclaimers,FBFS_Links,FBFS_Messages where jcr:path like ‘//Sites/FBFS%’ and states.contentvalid=‘p’

Bold part in query is what I should add, according to documentation, but it is not working. Obviously I am not familiar with JSR-170 query style. Did anyone already had this problem and what was your solution for it.

Thanks!

This isn’t how it’s supposed to work. Exactly what documentation are you looking at.

To use new “publishable” states, you need to define a new item filter. You don’t select these states in the Query, the filter screens out the ones that should not be published.

Dave

The correct way to implement this functionality is described in the topic “Extending Publishable States”, p. 112 in the Rhythmyx Technical Reference.

After defining the new keyword, you define a new Item Filter using the sys_FilterByPublishableStateFlag Rule.

Like Dave, I’d be interested to know what document you are using.

Thank you guys, I did found this information in the help that pops up in java applet after you click help button in content explorer - Extending Publishable States topic.

This is an error in the Help. It’s outdated information that should have been updated but was overlooked. The correct information is in the location I cited earlier in the thread.

I have corrected the problem, and the correct information should be included in future releases.

RLJII