Icons in the Content Explorer

Hello,

Simple question, and I think I already know the answer: is there any way to set up different icons for different content types in folder listing in the Content Explorer? (This is on Rhythmyx 6.5.2)

Thanks,

Andrew.

Andrew,

If I understand you correctly, implementation of the functionality you want is described in “Using Images in Display Format Columns”, p. 59 in Customizing Content Explorer.

RLJII

Display formats can be customized to display an image in one of the columns. However, this will not allow you to replace the standard file icon (little piece of paper with the folded corner) that displays for all item results.

The ability to specify custom icons for content types to appear in folder and search result listings is not currently available. This is currently planned for inclusion in a future release, but nothing more specific regarding the timing of this is known at this time.

rljohnson: Thanks for the suggestion, but those instructions are for modifying the search results one sees when, for example, searching for content items to add to a slot. I was looking for a way to customise the icons in the main Content Explorer interface, i.e. the Java applet.

JaySeletz: Thanks for confirmation of what I suspected, it saves me wasting too much time investigating.