Incremental Publish Hangs System

we have 2 identical content lists in our 6.5.2 system (upgraded from 5.7) except one is normal and one is incremental. They’re on a new site that uses all 6.5 functionality/templates rather than the old 5.7 functionality which hasn’t been touched and works as it always has.

A normal content list publishes the expected content and can be previewed. When previewing the incremental publish the window never returns any results and the content explorer becomes unusable, sitting with the java loading display forever.

I have applied the 6.5.2 patch already to no avail.

The parameters for the publishes are as follows:

Name: Retail_Full_NonBinary
URL: /Rhythmyx/contentlist?sys_deliverytype=filesystem&sys_assembly_context=1&sys_contentlist=Retail_Full_NonBinary
Generator: sys_SearchGenerator
Query: select rx:sys_contentid, rx:sys_folderid from rx:AutoIndex, rx:Contact, rx:CustomCode, rx:Event, rx:ExternalLink, rx:Generic, rx:Home, rx:News, rx:Opportunity, rx:Property, rx:RssFeed, rx:SpecialCode, rx:Store, rx:Vacancy where jcr:path like ‘//Sites/Retail%’
Template Expander: sys_SiteTemplateExpander
Item Filter: sitefolder
Siteid is specified correctly.

I assume my incremental filter is malfunctioning.

Your help appreciated,

Andrew

It is possible that rather than hanging, it is just taking an extremely long time. Try testing your query below using the query test page: /Rhythmyx/test/search.jsp

If testing that query takes a very long time to return results (it may appear to hang, just wait), you are likely hitting a performance issue related to the type of where clause you are using which has been fixed in a recent patch for 6.5.2 (the bug ID is RX-13069, fixed in patch RX-13088) - contact Percussion Technical Support to obtain the latest patch.

The JCR query is identical between a full and incremental publish - the only difference is the Normal/Incremental option. The JCR query itself returns results in a few seconds, and I’ve already applied this patch. Something more sinister is happening I feel ;o(