Incremental publishing AutoIndexes

Our AutoIndexes are usually contained as inline variants on other items.
When a content item is added which modifies the autoindex - a news item, say, which effectively changes our AllNews autoindex - the content item containing the autoindex isn’t picked up on the incremental publish.
Is this expected behaviour? Or should we expect that a change to the results of an autoindex should force a republish of an item that contains it?

Nick,

Any Content Item published using a Template that includes an Automated Slot should be republished every time you run an Full or incremental Edition. See this thread: Automated Slots and Publishing, and specifically this post: Automated Slots and Publishing. So it sounds like something is amiss. Are you seeing any errors in the log for these Content Items?

RLJII

Thanks, RLJ,
Further to the question then … would all the content items in the AutoIndex list also get republished?
So, if I had an autoindex of 100 items, plus a page containing the autoindex, I publish at least 101 items every time?

Nick,

…would all the content items in the AutoIndex list also get republished?
So, if I had an autoindex of 100 items, plus a page containing the autoindex, I publish at least 101 items every time?

No, we only publish the Content Item that includes the Automated Slot. The targets of the links are not republished. In your example, you should only have one Content Item republished.

RLJII