Java error

Rhythmyx 5.71 with the latest updates of java

Problem occurs in both IE6 and Firefox 2

Rhythmyx loads to 83% then hangs with the following java console error

java.util.NoSuchElementException
at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cx.PSContentExplorerApplet.init(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas?

Does this thread describe your experience?
http://forum.percussion.com/showthread.php?t=365

Sorry for not looking for the error already here - just too harrassed today!

We are hitting this issue more and more now. Is there any hope of a patch for 5.7.1?

Cheers.

Please contact tech support, a patch can be created

Thanks for that have now done so.

We just roll back to Java Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_14-b03) on all our Rhythmyx WorkStations and make sure java auto-updates are DISABLED !

Good day folks,

I have found that you can just un-install the actual ‘Upgrade 5’ and/or ‘Upgrade 4’ in the ‘Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs’. This is only possible if the user has a FULL previous version installed and also has the updates listed as individual programs.

I had both the full 1.6 JRE and also individual updates “Upgrade 3” and “Upgrade 5”, and I was able to just un-install/remove the “Upgrade 5” entry.

I have ‘Update 3’ which works fine… It is ‘Update 4’ and/or ‘Update 5’ that needs to be removed.

If the user only has the FULL most recent version (No individual Updates), then they will have to un-install the entire JAVA version and re-install a version prior to (and including) 1.6.0_03.

best regards,

Joe Z.

P.S. Of course there is a patch available as well, but does include quite a bit of other items and we just don’t have the time/resources to apply a patch to our Rhythmyx environment at this time.

P.P.S. We are using Rhythmyx 5.7 running on Solaris using Oracle 10g. Main browser is I.E. 6