No publication log?

Why would Rhythmyx not provide a publication log after I click the Publish icon for an edition?

That usually happens if nothing actually published.

Go to the Publishing tab, then click on Editions by type, find the edition you are about to publish, and open it. Then go down to the Content Lists within that Edition, and click on the “Preview” to the right. That’ll tell you what is in the Content List to be published. If the Content List is empty, a log file wouldn’t be written.

There is also the possibility that there’s an error in your logs corresponding to Content List creation… In our experience, you may see a “Content Not Allowed In Prolog” which is a whole other issue.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I’m experimenting with publishing with minimal dependence on Fast Forward, and I had forgotten to change my content types from rffgeneric to generic, which is my new content type. Now I’m getting “Content is not allowed in prolog,” so I’m trying to figure out which of the several reasons I’m getting it.

Previewing the Binary content list gets “There was a repository problem performing the operation: Did not find rx:navimage”. Removing navimage and brief as Allowed Content Types for my generic template seems to solve this problem and others.