Taxonomy on Rhythmyx 6.5

Do anybody know what I should put under System Design/Configurations/Navigation.property in Workbench to turn on Taxonomy support?

My supervisor asked me to turn on Taxonomy support on our Rhythmyx 6.5. I’ve checked Workbench and the only place I can think about turning on it is under System Design/Configurations/Navigation.property. It currently has following value in it.

navimage.content_type=navimage
navimage.field.selector=selector
navimage.variant.info=NavImageInfo
navon.content_type=navon
navon.field.displaytitle=displaytitle
navon.field.namefield=sys_title
navon.field.propagate=no_propagate
navon.field.selector=no_selector
navon.field.variable=no_variable
navon.slot.image=nav_image
navon.slot.landingpage=nav_landing_page
navon.slot.submenu=nav_submenu
navon.slotnames=nav_top,nav_left,nav_bottom,nav_breadcrumb,nav_preload,nav_topDescendant,nav_top_sub
navon.variant.info=NavonInfo
navon.variant.navlink=NavonLink
navon.variant.tree=NavonXML
navtree.content_type=navtree
navtree.field.theme=nt_theme
navtree.theme.default=DefaultTheme
navtree.variable=rxs_navbase
navtree.variant.info=NavTreeInfo
navtree.param.theme=nav_theme

Hi Weikai

My supervisor asked me to turn on Taxonomy support on our Rhythmyx 6.5

Can you explain what you mean by this? What are you hoping to see?

Rhythmyx handles taxonomy it lots of different ways and I’m unaware there’s an option to turn it on.

Cheers
James

We wanted to categorize every single page that we created. By turn on taxonomy support, we can pick a category or categories on taxonomy tree on every single page we creates.

For example a taxonomy tree HHS has Health Care, Food, etc. and Health Care may have subtree Insurance, Medicaid etc. When we create an insurance related web page, we can check Insurance on taxonomy tree to specify its category/group.

Hi Weikai

It sounds like you need to create a shared field (used across all content types) using the sys_checkboxtree control.

Have a look at:

“Creating Shared Fields” in the Rhythmyx_Implementation_Guide_Version_6_5_2.pdf

and

“sys_CheckBoxTree” in the Rhythmyx_Technical_Reference_Manual_Version_6_5_2.pdf

Cheers
James