Template update from 5.6 to 6.5.2

We have recently upgraded our development server from 5.6 to 6.5.2. I have made new templates in velocity to match the previous ones in XSL. Has anyone found a way to change the references to the templates that were previously defined in Rhythmyx links in the body of content? The template id’s are hard-coded into the URL, and we don;t want to go through every page and remake the Rhythmyx links to the new template. A suggestion by PSO was to swap the values in the PSX_TEMPLATE table, but since the table is linked to another table, we can’t just swap out the primary key id. i tried swapping the other values of the row, but one column contains data in a ntext field which only displays the first 255 characters when i view it, so i can’t copy the whole cell. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Raj

Raj,

Try using the Variant Converter Tool. Use of the tool is described in Converting to Version 6.5 Features. See Step 7 in the procedure “Converting Variants”. The procedure begins on p. 20, step 7 is on p. 23.

RLJII

Raj,
Did you have success using this converter?
We are trying to do the same here and it would be interesting to hear how things progressed for you.

Nick.