5.7 -> 6.5.2 upgrade on Oracle

Is there anyone else out there on Oracle who has done (or is doing) an upgrade from 5.x to 6.x?

We have serious performance issues with loading and navigating around Content Explorer on 6.5.2, and I’d be interested to compare notes.

We have intermittent performance issues with loading and navigating around Content Explorer on 6.5.2. Our systems use Oracle 11g. But we never used 5.7.

We’re experiencing Content Explorer load times of 30-40 seconds. As it happens, I suspect it has nothing to do with the upgrade per se. I’ll drop you a line directly, if you don’t mind.

We started on 6.5 and upgraded to 6.5.2, with Oracle on the backend. We had a few problems.

One was identified as bug RX-12925 fixed by patch RX-13420.

Another problem [RX-12991] was found with two views (menu visibility and community permissions) and Oracle performance. I’ve attached the fix for that as fix.sql.txt. This was provided to us by Percussion TS, but I don’t think it’s a part of the cumulative patch series because it’s Oracle specific.

Hi Darrell,

Hmmmm… that was the fix.sql that Percussion gave us (and we ran), and we’ve also applied the patch that you mention.

The loading speed problem has now become intermittent, which is very annoying - I may have to take another run at the end to end upgrade process to get the problem to recur reliably, and then recruit a number of users to hammer it simultaneously.

What are your server cache settings, if you don’t mind me asking? Ours are currently set to:
Max memory: 1024
Max disk space: 1536
Max page size: 1024
Aging time: unlimited

best wishes
Roz

We’ve got all those setting set to “Unlimited”. Haven’t got the first clue what any of that means though. Reading the documentation now…

Have you tried selecting applications in the Status tab of the Rhythmyx Server Administrator and clicking the Details button. That shows the number of processed/failed/pending events and the minimum/maximum/average duration of events in milliseconds while the server has been running. Unfortunately, production server was rebooted a couple of days ago after automatic installation of Microsoft Windows updates, and hasn’t been used much since.

Can anyone from Percussion comment on which applications would be most relevant for Content Explorer slowness? rx_resources? sys_cx? rxs_cxSupport?