5.7 - Can't get default_variantid control to show

So this project is one I inherited, so I didn’t set up any of the content items or anything…

I have a couple of content items that I want the users to be able to select the variant on them, but I can’t see to get the default_variantid control to show up…

01.jpg - my content editor back end
02.jpg - my content editor front end

Thanks,
Ken

Ken,

Your illustrations don’t show the configuration of the sys_DropdownSingle control you are using. If you could add a screenshot of that, we will be in a better position to help you.

RLJII

Hi Ken

It’s probably because the control’s visibililty is hidden. To update this in 5.7 you have to open the xml file:

Rhythmyx\rxconfig\Server\ContentEditors\shared\rxs_ct_shared.xml

and look for the default_variantid field. Contained within the field will be its visibility rules eg

<FieldRules>
               <PSXVisibilityRules dataHiding="xsl">
                  <PSXRule boolean="and">
                     <PSXConditional id="0">
                        <variable>
                           <PSXTextLiteral id="0">
                              <text>1</text>
                           </PSXTextLiteral>
                        </variable>
                        <operator>=</operator>
                        <value>
                           <PSXTextLiteral id="0">
                              <text>2</text>
                           </PSXTextLiteral>
                        </value>
                        <boolean>AND</boolean>
                     </PSXConditional>
                  </PSXRule>
               </PSXVisibilityRules>
            </FieldRules>

remove this altogether and stop and start the rhythmyx service for all content types to be updated.

Make a copy of the rxs_ct_shared.xml file first but rename it rxs_ct_shared.old so it’s not loaded by Rhythmyx.

Cheers
James

Ok, I uploaded more screen shots, let me know if I skipped anything. Also I checked out my rxs _ct_shared.xml file and the default_variantid had the following node:

<PSXField forceBinary="no" modificationType="user" name="default_variantid" showInPreview="yes" showInSummary="yes" type="shared">
  <DataLocator>
     <PSXBackEndColumn id="0">
          <tableAlias>RXS_CT_SHARED</tableAlias>
            <column>DEFAULT_VARIANTID</column>
            <columnAlias/>
               </PSXBackEndColumn>
            </DataLocator>
            <DataType>text</DataType>
            <DataFormat>50</DataFormat>
            <OccurrenceSettings delimiter=";" dimension="required" multiValuedType="delimited"/>
            <PSXSearchProperties enableTransformation="no" id="0" tokenizeSearchContent="no" userCustomizable="yes" userSearchable="yes" visibleToGlobalQuery="yes"/>
         </PSXField>

It doesn’t look like any about visibility rules is currently in there – do I need to add something?

Thanks,
Ken