6.52 MSM error when trying to deploy

We are receiving an error when trying to deploy MSM’s to our production server after an upgrade from 5.71 to 6.52. This is our first deploy after going live. IT doesn’t seem to matter what we try to deploy content types, assemblers, action menus, etc. We have tried to just create one MSM with one thing in it and still get the error on the “Install packages menu” after we choose “Add All” and then Next. Has anyone seen this error before or know how to fix it?

“An unexpected error has occurred: A <PSXDatasourceMap> XML Element was expected but not found.”

Hi,

When the error occurs, do you notice any errors in either the source or target server console?

Could you try running MSM with the java console open to see if a more detailed error is logged here? To launch MSM with the java console, run the following command: RhythmyxMultiServerManager.exe -is:javaconsole.

Can you post an example archive which results in the error?

Thanks,

Peter

I see that my complete message didn’t paste well.

The entire message says:

An unexpected error has occurred: A PSXDatasourceMap XML element was expected but not found.

When the error occurs, do you notice any errors in either the source or target server console?

No errors are on the console

Could you try running MSM with the java console open to see if a more detailed error is logged here? To launch MSM with the java console, run the following command: RhythmyxMultiServerManager.exe -is:javaconsole.

Nothing new came out of running MSM like this

Can you post an example archive which results in the error?

See attached

Hi,

I went through the steps of attempting to install your sample archive to my local server and I made it all the way to the point before archive installation begins. I did not see any errors.

Could you try placing tcptrace in between the MSM client and target server, then reproduce the error and post the generated log file?

Thanks,

Peter

Here is the tcptrace and I also sent it to TS.

Hi,

Look for files in the following location of your source Rhythmyx server:

{Rhythmyx installation root}/sys_MultiServerManager/server/objectstore/DbmsMap

Please post any files that you find here.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi again,

I’ve been asked to refer you to technical support for further help with this matter. I will assist support, if necessary, to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Peter

I actually deleted the files in the directory below and relaunched MSM and the problem went away.

Path : Rhythmyx installation
    root}/sys_MultiServerManager/server/objectstore/DbmsMap