6.6.1 workflow error

Hi

We’ve recently upgraded a client from 6.5.2 (prev 5.71) to 6.6.1 and when we use a certain transition we get the following error:

An error occurred processing the query submitted by session id d29693f66e11882e402765f1a876027906860fee.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.percussion.workflow.PSWorkflowRoleInfo.getStateRoleNameNotificationList(Lcom/percussion/workflow/PSStateRolesContext;)Ljava/util/List;
workflow

It doesn’t matter if the user is assign to the admin role or a specific workflow or community role the error still appears. Other transition work fine and I can’t see any difference between them.

Any clues?

Cheers
James

James,

The error appears to be happening when a notification is being generated. Do any of the other Transitions have Notifications?

According to the developer I spoke to, we made no changes to this code for Version 6.6.

RLJII

The error seems relate to old code relys on an API that is not in 6.6.
Make sure to recompile your custom java code with the 6.6.1 jars, see if there is any compiling error

Hi Robert

The other transition that works does not have a notification attached.

Make sure to recompile your custom java code with the 6.6.1 jars, see if there is any compiling error

No custom java code has been applied to any of the workflow or transitions.

Cheers
james

James,

Did you make any changes to the notification recipients when you upgraded?

RLJII

Hi Robert

No, was I meant to?

Cheers
James

James,

No. I just wanted to cover a potential cause of the problem.

Based on what you have said, it seems that the Transition with the Notification is the problem. I’m not sure we can troubleshoot it effectively on the forum, though. I’d suggest contacting Tech Support for further assistance.

RLJII

Hi

The error was down to the original 5.7 implementation using the PSONotifyExtended jar. Once the extension call was removed from the system definition file the error no longer appeared.

Cheers
James

There were some methods in the Publisher that changed signatures between 5.7, 6.5 and 6.7. If you need it, I have versions of the PSONotifications package that work with each of these releases. Let me know which one you need and I’ll send it to you.

Dave