active assembly css conflicts with site css

Hi

On a couple of projects that we’re working on I’ve noticed that the active assembly css conflicts with our site css so much so that some of active assembly options are hidden or have been pushed down and thus make them unusable.

Has anyone else noticed this? We’re using 6.5 and 6.5.1

Cheers
James

Were you ever able to correct this? I’ve encountered this problem multiple times, my solution so far has been to not display the sites CSS if in active assembly.

I really want to know what CSS properties to not use, looking at my files, I don’t really have anything ‘generic’ that could be conflicting. Obviously that’s not true though.

Hi Nick

We found that the site css explicity assigned styles to table eg

table {

}

by either adding classes to the tables or specify the exacty table with the html we worked around the problem eg

.contentholder table {

}

Hope this helps
James

That did the trick! For me though it was a tr, and td tag getting attributes.

Thanks for the quick response!
Nick D

I think Percussion should explicitly change their css styling for their application instead of making us change our css styles, we have too many tables to do this.

I agree, the problem though is that we’ll be able to override the CSS no matter what. A better option would be to use iframes for the AA menus. That way theres no way a sites CSS could interfere.