Adding Orphan content itesms to a folder

We are using Rhythmyx 6.7. I have uploaded a set of content items over API and they failed in the step where a folder is assigned to them. Now since all the items are orphan now when I am trying to move them to a folder I am getting a message

Failed to add a list of child items or folders (ids ‘[16777215-101-199101]’) to the parent folder (id ‘1-101-201527’). The underlying error was: Cannot create a relationship to a non-existing dependent item. The dependent item id was: 199101.

199101 – Is the Content Item Id
201527 — Folder Id

Impact analysis of the content item for Folder Content gives the following message

Failed to get Parent Folder, may be caused by no parent folder or invalid contentid:199101.

Now what is the resolution to add Content item to a folder.

Any help much appreciated,
thanks.

The easiest way I have found is to Search for the item and Copy As Link it into a folder. This should establish a correct folder relationship.

If you have allot of them, you can install the Technical Support views package. This adds several views to the context explorer that identify orphaned items etc. The process would be to copy as link into a folder from there.

It can be tedious if you have allot of orphans, as you can only select 100 at a time, and there can be no duplicate system titles in a folder, but it is simple and solves the problem.

[QUOTE=Mraspdotnet;20661]We are using Rhythmyx 6.7. I have uploaded a set of content items over API and they failed in the step where a folder is assigned to them. Now since all the items are orphan now when I am trying to move them to a folder I am getting a message

Failed to add a list of child items or folders (ids ‘[16777215-101-199101]’) to the parent folder (id ‘1-101-201527’). The underlying error was: Cannot create a relationship to a non-existing dependent item. The dependent item id was: 199101.

199101 – Is the Content Item Id
201527 — Folder Id

Impact analysis of the content item for Folder Content gives the following message

Failed to get Parent Folder, may be caused by no parent folder or invalid contentid:199101.

Now what is the resolution to add Content item to a folder.

Any help much appreciated,
thanks.[/QUOTE]

Looking at your error it seems like it is complaining about the item itself. You may want to try flushing the caches on the Admin Command Console to see if that clears the error. Sometimes when adding through API the cache can get out of sync.

Try:

flush foldercache
flush cache

-n

Thanks alot for your reply the commands worked for me. I have imported a batch of 2000 items now after the flush I can see them in their folders.

flush foldercache
flush cache