Auto slot in a page is NOT automatically updated when NOT using macro #slot()

I have a page which displays all current job opportunities that need to be filled. I have an auto slot which retrieves ALL jobs (of content type wwwJob) in a specific order. I created a snippet template which sorts the jobs returned from the auto slot and displays jobs under corresponding job types. I added the jobs using inline variant against the above mentioned snippet template. However, when I added a new job, and then preview the main page containing the inline variant, the newly added job does NOT display. I have another page with an auto slot inserted as inline variant as well. The only difference is the later snippet template uses the system macro #slot() while the former uses my own code as illustrated here:

#set($slotname = “wwwSlotJob”)
#initslot($slotname “”)##
#if($sys.currentslot.slot)##
#if($sys.currentslot.relresults.size() > 0)##
#set ($prevJobType = “”)
<span>
#foreach($job in $sys.currentslot.relresults )##
#set($jobType = $job.node.getProperty(“rx:jobtype”).String)
#set($disptitleAdmin = $job.node.getProperty(“rx:displaytitle”).String)

#if($jobType == $prevJobType)
    &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href=""&gt;$rx.codec.escapeForXml($disptitleAdmin)&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
  #elseif ($prevJobType.trim().length() &gt; 0)
    &lt;/ul&gt;
    #set($prevJobType = $jobType)
    &lt;h4&gt;$rx.codec.escapeForXml($jobType)&lt;/h4&gt;
    &lt;ul&gt;
      &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href=""&gt;$rx.codec.escapeForXml($disptitleAdmin)&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
  #else
    #set($prevJobType = $jobType)
    &lt;h4&gt;$rx.codec.escapeForXml($jobType)&lt;/h4&gt;
    &lt;ul&gt;
  #end
#end
&lt;ul&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;

#end
#end##
#endslot($slotname)##

Any idea what I am missing?

Could you just output $sys.currentslot.relresults.size() and see if you get the expected number of results back? That way you can quickly determine if it is your logic / macro or something else…