AutoIndex will preview, but not publish

Hello

We have an autoindex that we can preview okay, but we get the following error when trying to publish:

===============================================================================
Problem during the assembly of item

Click here to view velocity log
Parameters passed
Name Value
sys_revision 3
sys_siteid 308
sys_itemfilter public
sys_template 636
sys_contentid 2115
sys_folderid 2099
sys_context 301
sys_publish publish
Error reported

Unexpected exception while assembling one or more items: Problem when evaluating expression “$sys.item.getProperty(“rx:img1”);” for variable “$sys.binary”: Property rx:img1 not found
Please note: More information may be available on the console

Here are publishing variables used to render this content type:

Pages to filesystem, ErauDegreeProgram
$sys.pub_path + $sys.template.prefix + $sys.item.getProperty(‘rx:sys_title’).String +
$rx.location.getFirstDefined($sys.item,‘rx:activei mg_ext,rx:sys_suffix’, ‘.html’)

Pages to render, ErauDegreeProgram
$sys.pub_path + $sys.template.prefix + $sys.item.getProperty(‘rx:sys_title’).String + $
rx.location.getFirstDefined($sys.item,‘rx:activei mg_ext,rx:sys_suffix’, '.html

Also, the velocity log shows:

Velocity log after 2008-11-12 10:25:02

2008-11-12 10:43:12,699 - VM error : pagetop. Null AST
2008-11-12 10:43:12,941 - VM error : pagetop. Null AST
2008-11-12 10:43:13,173 - VM error : pagetop. Null AST
2008-11-12 10:47:35,317 - Method assemble threw exception for reference $rx in template erauSnAutoUnList at [6,36]
2008-11-12 10:47:35,436 - VM error : pagetop. Null AST

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks,
db.

Looks like an image problem to me. Have you thought about hiring an image consultant?

Seriously though, you have some error messages I haven’t seen. I assume your “Pages to render” location scheme ends with ‘.html’) like the other one. You probably missed it in cutting and pasting, but one can never be too careful.

David,

What happens when you preview the Content Item that includes the Automated Index?

Does the Template you are using in your Automated Index include the field img1? Or is that in the container Content Item? Either way, that’s the field that seems to be causing the problem based on the error you are reporting:

Unexpected exception while assembling one or more items: Problem when evaluating expression “$sys.item.getProperty(“rx:img1”);” for variable “$sys.binary”: Property rx:img1 not found

The assembly engine is looking for a value in that field and not finding it.

RLJII

Hi all

To resolve this we had to remove the image content type from our erauAutoIndex.

db.

I am not sure but this seems to be a bug. The configuration below seems like it should work to me unless there is something different that should be specified for a dispatch template in the context variables?

We have a Auto Index content type that was modified from the rff type to include a variable to specify the template to use with the auto index query. This content type origionally had three templates allowed (erauBnImage, erauDiWWCampus, and erauSnTitleLink). In order to get the publishing to work we had to remove the Binary template, this also happened to be the first template in the content item list.

The Auto Index context variable is set up like all of the others have been by using a Jexl query to retrieve the content item. The template type is specified as the Dispatch template so it seems like everything should function correctly.

Any thoughts?

Export the template and associated content type and post here.
(The export action is available under File menu, in case if you are not aware of it.)

As mentioned earlier, the erauAutoIndex content type was modified to include a variable for the template to be used within for the auto index query. This template allows erauBnImage, erauDiWWCampus, and erauSnTitleLink templates.

The auto index content is tied to the FF_Auto_Index_Queries Keyword that calls the wwAllCampuses slot.

The wwAllCampuses slot allows one content type, erauCenter, which allows the erauSnCampusLink template.

All of these templates are attached.

The main issue is that the publishing context variables does not seem to use the template specification when publishing, it appears to just pull the first allowed template.

Please upload the content type associated with the erauBnImage template.
Mean while I will try to reproduce it out of the box.

Hello

In the workbench under the assembly design, under the shared folder, we have the erauBnImage.

We have one Allowed Content Type for earuBnImage which is erauImage.

I have uploaded erauImage as requested.

Thanks for investigating this.
db.

I looked at the files but did not find any thing obvious that would cause the problem. I think at this point it is better if you escalate it to the support.

Thank you for looking into the issue.