AutoIndexes not working

Hi

I set up an AutoIndex content type for a client so that they could manually type in the the JSR query, pick the template and the number of results. This was all working but have been review this and now it does not.

My slot slot markup is as follows:

#slot("AutoIndexSlot" "<ul>" "<li>" "</li>" "</ul>" $slotparams)

My Binding are:

$slotparams
query [java.lang.String]
SELECT rx:sys_contentid, rx:sys_revision, rx:sys_folderid FROM rx:cuPressRelease ORDER BY rx:item_startdate DESC

template [java.lang.String]
cuSnDisplayTitleLink

max_results [java.lang.String]

My AutoIndexSlot has also be setup as a sys_AutoSlotContentFinder slot.

This is the error I get in the console.log file:

2008-06-25 09:34:40,876 ERROR [PSVelocityAssembler] Problem assembling output for item: 6-101-2164 with template: cuSnAutoList
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.finder.PSAutoSlotContentFinder.getSlotItems(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.finder.PSBaseSlotContentFinder.find(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.jexl.PSAssemblerUtils.assemble(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor824.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:267)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:197)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:175)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.java:327)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTExpression.value(ASTExpression.java:51)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTSetDirective.render(ASTSetDirective.java:95)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement.java:70)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:230)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.VelocimacroProxy.render(VelocimacroProxy.java:172)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:114)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:230)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.VelocimacroProxy.render(VelocimacroProxy.java:172)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:114)
	at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:256)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.plugin.PSVelocityAssembler.assembleSingle(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.plugin.PSAssemblerBase.doAssembleSingle(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.plugin.PSVelocityAssembler.doAssembleSingle(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.plugin.PSAssemblerBase$_b.super(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.plugin.PSAssemblerBase$_b.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.plugin.PSAssemblerBase.assemble(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.PSAssemblyService.assemble(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.PSAssemblyService.processServletRequest(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor695.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:318)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:198)
	at $Proxy90.processServletRequest(Unknown Source)
	at com.percussion.services.assembly.impl.PSAssemblyServlet.service(Unknown Source)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at com.percussion.webdav.PSWebDavRequestFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at com.percussion.servlets.PSSecurityFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)
	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

In my attempts to get this work I’ve even tried manually putting in the query, template and max_length into the slot itselft but still I get this same error.

Now the only thing that has really changed since they were working is the RX-13485 patch has been applied.

Any clues?

Cheers
James

What patch level did you have before Rx-13485?

There where some changes in Rx-13420 that may possibly be related. Was the previous system older or new than this patch?

Dave

Hi Dave

The previous system was 6.5.2 Patch 13215.

Cheers
James

Hi Dave

I’ve just upgraded another 6.5.0 system with the 13536 patch and I’m getting errors like:

2008-06-25 12:50:12,295 - Left side ($params.areas.lastIndexOf(",")) of ‘>’ operation has null value. Operation not possible. tcsMain [line 69, column 110]
2008-06-25 12:50:12,295 - org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException: reference : template = tcsMain [line 1,column 829] : $params.areas is not a valid reference.

Has the patch had a en effect on multi value variables? Which is why my $slotparams.query doesn’t work?

Cheers
James

James,

This is going to take some analysis to figure out. Start by opening a support case, and they will request a development resource to look at the matter.

Dave