Binary Template for Child Image Fields

Has a solution been created/provided for assigning a binary template to Child Image Fields? I have found this thread reference; however, the proposed solution was to use a slot versus developing a Template Expander that generated the appropriate content list for each child binary field. We are looking at optimizing an image slider content type by having all images stored in a Child Field Set instead of a slot.

Does anyone else need a similar solution?

Looks like this may be a bit more difficult than just developing a Template Expander. Based upon some research, the solution would need to generate assembly urls that indicated which child node to select in order for template bindings and location schemes to function. Am I missing something that could make this work aside from using slots or creating a template/location scheme for each child node.

A possible solution would require a new PSContentItem function that would allow sys_childrowid to be passed from the Template Expander and added to the contenturl element in the contentlist xml<contenturl> as well as being referenced in location schemes. Anyone @ Percussion willing to investigate this type of change? :D</contenturl>

You might be able to repurpose the existing pagination feature. You would just need to set a binding with the count of the number of rows in the child table and then be able to reference the row by the index. This may not be the most performant solution as each time the child binary is being rendered it would have to query for all rows and filter for the specific row required, it should work though. You would be restricted to have a file name like xxx_1.html

Very interesting. We haven’t used the pagination feature so I’ll have to explore its implementation.

Thank you Stephen. Also will you be attending the User Conference next month, or does work have you else where?