Bindings get reformatted when I close the expression editor

If this has been answered before, please point me to where it is, because a search didn’t bring it up:

When I am editing bindings on a template, I format the expression with newlines and spacing (or tabs) in order to make it more readable as I am editing. However, while the expression editor is open, I can not interact with anything else: Can’t switch tabs, can’t even click another template/content item to see it’s properties in the property viewer panel which I have anchored below my assembly design and content design panels.

This wouldn’t be so terrible except that when I close the expression editor to go find some tidbit of info, then return to the binding and double click it… and it’s reformatted all of my code, making it nearly impossible to correctly pair my logic blocks, matching braces, etc. It seems to strip out carriage returns from the places I put them, but then adds them back in at an arbitrary length and tabs are replaced with spaces.

This has bothered me since I started using Rhythmyx CMS, but it’s one of those things I have just had to soldier through. Now that my bindings are getting more and more complex, it is frustrating me more.

Is there an easy way to switch it off so my code is left as-is?

Thanks,

-Jason

+1 for Percussion to stop mucking with our Expression Editor code.

Must be an Eclipse WorkBench issue since the reformatting happens before sending the expression back to our instance.

Just out of curiosity (and totally unrelated save for the fact that it deals with bindings), what happens when you right click on the bindings area on that (binding tab)? Generally, a menu entry is supposed to come up (with delete / copy I think) but in our system it is hanging workbench (CM 7.1 patch 303). I am in the midst of filing a TS Ticket but am just wondering if it is just us or if it impacts anyone else…
Thanks,
Jit

I get a context menu:

Insert
Delete
Move UP
Move Down
Edit

Copy
Paste

< / hijack >

-Jason

Right click returns the same as jlloyd. Rhythmyx Workbench Version 7.1.0 Build id: 201204R01 (3229)

Excellent! Thanks.