Can you hide code from ephox so it doesn't get processed?

I have an e-mail template that is mostly slot based. In one of the slots we insert many paragraphs. In those paragrpahs we use the insert ryhtmyx template slot to insert links to other items in the site or our own custom link. When we preview the link individually, the template marks up the link to work properly in e-mail clients…when it gets added inline to a parapragh, tidy/ephox has a field day and doesn’t show the link at all. is there a way to put tags around the code in the link template to ensure it goes inline as is and doesn’t get processed by tidy?

If you’re sending HTML formatted emails, is this a case for the

<PRE>

tag? I don’t know if Ephox will play nice with that tag.

We are applying inline styles to span and a tags to fix the changes yahoo, gmail and hotmail have introduced over the last few months. This is our first attempt of creating these e-mail using a template in the CMS that I created.

The output of the template with the link looks like this:
<a href=“http://adevapp017:9992/Rhythmyx/assembler/render?sys_contentid=705&sys_revision=86&sys_folderid=703&sys_context=0&sys_siteid=305&sys_variantid=557&sys_authtype=0” style=“font-weight:bold;color:rgb(247, 147, 30);text-decoration:underline;” target="_blank"><span style=“font-weight:bold;color:rgb(247, 147, 30);text-decoration:underline;”>www.example.org</span></a>

When inserted inline to a paragraph using insert rhythmyx template, the code gets hosed and looks like this:

<span style=" font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(247, 147, 30);" />

you need to adjust your ePhox’s Tidy configuration.

Do you have an example on how to do this?

now I can’t find how to do this anymore… .i remember being able to specify alternate tidy files for eWebEditPro fields pretty easy…

However, there’s a Tidy configuration in System Design/Configurations in your workbench… this might be what we’re looking for… check Tidy’s documentation for what commands you need to put in here, I’ve never touched this file myself.

There is also EditLive’s elj_config.xml file in sys_resources/ephox and rx_resources/ephox… however, fine-grained Tidy controls are not available in this file.