Change field control from sys_DropDownSingle to sys_DropDownMultiple?

Hi there

I’m thinking the answer to this question is going to be no, but I’ll ask just in case!

I’ve created a field that uses a single dropdown (sys_DropDownSingle), and now it turns out that it should have been a multiple choice dropdown (sys_DropDownMultiple).

When I try to change control for the field, the option for sys_DropDownMultiple is no longer there. I’m assuming this is because the data is stored differently in the repository.

Is there a way of changing from a single to a manual dropdown or will I have to create a new field and then re-populate the data?

Cheers
Matt

Matt,

[QUOTE=mfarrow;18251]
I’ve created a field that uses a single dropdown (sys_DropDownSingle), and now it turns out that it should have been a multiple choice dropdown (sys_DropDownMultiple).

When I try to change control for the field, the option for sys_DropDownMultiple is no longer there. I’m assuming this is because the data is stored differently in the repository.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Before you save the field, you should have all controls available. Once you save a field as either single-property (with a control such as sys_DropDownSingle) we disallow multi-property controls (such as sys_DropDownMultiple); similarly, if you save a field with a multiproperty control, single-property controls are no longer allowed. If a field has mutiple values, the values are actually stored in a child table in the Repository.

You will have to create a new field.

RLJII

Thank you! I suspected as much, but wanted to confirm before creating the new field.

Cheers
Matt