Checkbox Tree and Sort Order in the Table

Hi,

I currently am having an issue with the Checkbox Tree control where the selected items are not saved when “inserted” or “updated” in the Content Editor form. The tree refreshes with no items selected.

The control displays the tree and the hierarchy properly with all values properly. I’ve checked the xml file and the values in the database table and they all match appropriately. I was wondering if it is required that the entries in the database be in the proper order of entry, that is the sort order is in ascending value from n, n+1, etc.

Thanks,
Thai

In 6.5.2, you have to associate a checkbox tree with the XML file twice: Once via a parameter can tree_src_url, and again in the params for an xml application in the Choices tab.

To be more precise, the checkbox tree applet needs the choices that make up the tree in an XML format that is documented with the control.

During “Validation”, the server needs the choices that make up the tree in the format specified by sys_lookup.dtd.

Obviously, if the list of possible choices doesn’t match, then you may have values that are removed mysteriously during validation (for example in the event of a validation failure on another field). One way to accomplish this is to take the XML file and “transform” it (with XSLT) into sys_lookup.dtd format. This can be done in an XML application.

I hope this helps.

Dave

Thanks for the responses.

I looked up the sys_lookup output and matched the order, the “value” and “id” with between that and the xml structure file that I put in the resources directory and everything matches up.

The thing that’s driving me crazy is that on the development environment that I first configured this on, it worked. But I’m now configuring this on a new Percussion environment and it doesn’t save the selected item.

So at the moment the sys_lookup and the xml file matches. The mapping of the “value” field to the “id” field is done in the application in workbench so it should line up appropriately.

I’m not sure what else it could be.

If it works in one environment, but not the other, it’s probably best to ask yourself what is different between the two environments. It’s probably something small: a file in the wrong place, or something. But it’s almost certainly something you can identify if you look at it carefully enough.

Dave