Good Afternoon

I am running through a test upgrade of Rhythmyx from 5.6 to 6.5.2. After I started up the application, i noticed that my rxs_navon_cas application was not running. i tried to restart it, but received an error about an extension. Looking in the console.log, there is an error:

The Java handler could not initialize the SECAddFolderPathToRequest extension: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.percussion.pso.sec.exits.SECAddFolderPathToRequest.

The extension was developed by PSo, but do you know where i can find it, and how to test if it is working or maybe corrupt?


In 5.x, if this extension was added to your system, look at the RhythmyxServer.cp1 or .cp2 file: it should contain one or more “extra” Jars. Our convention was to add these Jars to the “libExtras” directory, but I have no way of knowing if this convention was followed in your case. It’s likely that the JAR is named “SECToolkit.jar” (but it’s possible that it has another name).

In 6.x, the .cp1 and .cp2 files are not used, the JAR must be copied into the /Rhythmyx/AppServer/server/rx/deploy/rxapp.ear/rxapp.war/WEB-INF/lib folder.

The fact that you are getting a “ClassNotFound” exception indicates that the extension is registered.

Assuming this extension matches the version we’ve got in our records, it also depends on the Rhythmyx 5.x version of the PSOToolkit. Due to some changes in the API classes, we had to build a new 5.x toolkit recompiled for 6.5.x. You will need to obtain a copy of the recompiled toolkit from Tech Support.

I looks to me as if this extension will continue to work in 6.5.x, but it’s clearly designed for use with XSL Assemblers. If you are moving to Velocity Assemblers, you’ll need to switch to the new way of doing this, which is included in the new “PSOToolkit for 6.5”).


Thanks Dave, that did the trick! It looks like for some reason our SECToolkit.jar was not copied over to /Rhythmyx/AppServer/server/rx/deploy/rxapp.ear/rxapp.war/WEB-INF/lib. I just moved it there and restarted, and I am able to preview the old XSL variants. We have created a new way to do this on the Velocity templates, but I just wanted to make sure that the XSL templates still worked during the transition.