Cloning items across communities

We have content items in site A, created as content type A, in community A that we now want to copy and paste ‘as link’ into site B. When we do this (logged into community B) and then preview the cloned item as a snippet template we get an error:

Unexpected exception while assembling one or more items: Problem when evaluating expression “$rx.location.generate($sys.assemblyItem);” for variable “$pagelink”: com.percussion.services.assembly.PSAssemblyException: Could not locate the default template for content at path //Sites/QMUL/Media Centre/QM in the news/items/‘Bee smart, bee healthy’ with content type 329 because no default template could be found for site id = 0-9-378

If we swap to community A and preview the item it works just fine.

Any ideas?

many thanks
Rich

Hi Richard

Has your template been assigned to Site B?

Cheers
James

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I opened the template and in the ‘sites’ tab at the bottom I added the site B to the ‘Visible on these sites’ list.

I also allowed the template fro content type A as well.

thanks
Rich

The error isn’t in resolving your snippet template, it’s in resolving the Page template that $pagelink points to.

For the content type of item, you need to make sure that there is a “default” page template defined on the new site. If not, you will get this error.

Dave

thanks very much, that fixed it.