Community and Role problem in 6.7 patch rxPatch670_RX-16084_200906R01

I don’t know if this is a bug or that it is expected behavior but I did not see any mention of it in the documentation. But people in admin role/community get an unauthorized error when trying to create a new item. Also users in other communities/roles are able to create content items in areas where they should not be able to.

Is this a known issue or is it something that is just do to our setup? It was working fine before installing 6.7 and its patch.

Thanks for any incite into this, I will keep looking for the cause of this.

I can not find a resign for why admin community users get an error on the template when trying to create a new item. If the user has another community/role then the admin community/role works just fine and creates new items without a problem. Was this a desired change to the way rhythmyx work from either the upgrade from 6.5 to 6.7 or from the 6.7 patch?

To give you more details on the issue we are using the old 5.7 setup for the workflow and community setup of permissions. For example:

We have an “Admin - IT” workflow
then
We have a “IT - Admin” community

A user with both of these seems to work just fine and as expected. But the User with Administrative rights errors in trying to create new items and before the upgrade to 6.7 and patch install, the 6.5 version a person with

“Workflow Administrator” workflow
and
“Admin” community

Could create new items anywhere. Does anyone know if there was a change to what an admin could do in this newest version of the software?

Jay,

None of the features introduced in either Version 6.6 or 6.7 involved modification to Workflow.

That’s not to say that a patch may not have introduced the problem. I suggest you contact Tech Support. They can work with you to determine the source of the problem.

RLJII