Compatible JRE versions for Content Explorer?

Is there a reference table somewhere of which JRE versions are compatible with the various Content Explorer versions? I know this has been discussed in this forum, but I’ve sifted through a number of messages and not found it. It would be useful if this information was summarized somewhere.

We’re currently using Rhythmyx 6.5.2 Patch Rx-15672, and have our users sticking with JRE version 1.6.0_03, but are wondering if they can upgrade their Java at this point. We just don’t want them to upgrade to the point where the Content Explorer will stop working.

Thanks for any pointers on this.
-Kathleen

Rx 6.52 is compatible with all current versions of the JRE, however if you would like to use JRE 1.6 build 03+, you should also have the latest Rx patch. Please contact TS if you require access to the latest Rx patch.:smiley:

Just to make sure I’m clear…

• Does “all current versions of the JRE” include everything up to the current “recommended” version on the Sun website, Java 6 Update 18?

• When you say “build 03+”, are you saying that I need to increase my server patch level if we upgrade our clients to a newer Java version? Can you give me more specifics about what’s in the later patches that affects the behavior on the client side? I’m at patch 15672 already, so I’m not TOO far behind.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Kathleen,
At your current patch level, your clients shouldn’t have any issues at all using any current version of the JRE, including update 18. You can find all fixes included within the latest Rx patch in this forum thread -> http://forum.percussion.com/showthread.php?t=9861

The bug that I was specifically referencing in my previous post is RX-13073 - CX does not load with JRE 1.6 update 4.<code></code>

OK - thanks for the clarification on this.

-Kathleen