Configuring LDAP-style connections to an Oracle RAC

Folks:

The database for our new production pilot is now being hosted by sysadmins in another dept who have given me LDAP-style connection parameters for their Oracle database.

The service name is RXD.

Doing a tnsping rxd

yields this info (where host1 and host2 are the nodes of the 10g RAC):

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROT
OCOL=TCP)(HOST=host2)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=rxd.mdanderson.org)))

I have tried plugging this into several differently formatted rx-ds.xml files to no avail so far. Can you give me the required format for making a connection to an LDAP style connection-url?

In other words what should be in the connection-url section in a case like this?

More information here:

apparently this is the preferred JDBC thin client connection string:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(description=(address_list=
(address=(protocol=tcp)(port=1521)(host=host1))
(address=(protocol=tcp)(port=1521)(host=host2))
)
(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=rxd.mdanderson.org)(FAILOVER_MODE=(TYPE=session)(METHOD=basic)))
)

This works just fine in Oracle SQL developer but I am having trouble making it work by specifying it in rx-ds.xml.

We use:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(LOAD_BALANCE=yes)(FAILOVER=ON)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hostname1.domain)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hostname2.domain)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hostname3.domain)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hostname4.domain)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hostname5.domain)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=servicename.domain)(FAILOVER_MODE=(TYPE=SESSION)(METHOD=BASIC))))

YMMV

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew.

In this case my problem was not the connection string but a corrupted Rhythmyx tree. I restored from backup and it worked fine when I reconfigured the rx-ds.xml and server-beans.xml.