Content changes disappear on update.

I had reports from some of our users of losing recently edited content when clicking “Update” in the Content Editor. As far as I can gather, this happens when editing an existing item and all the field changes just made vanish.

My thoughts are that this is a browser cache issue. Has anyone else seen these kind of issues and is there a user-friendly, non-technical approach that our users could try to make sure this doesn’t happen?

We’ve had that happen on Firefox on a mac… but I haven’t gotten around to tracking down the issue further. I’m hoping that a 7.3 and the Ephox 9 upgrade will fix this problem…

The most recent report was on Firefox/Mac so it may be exactly the same problem you’ve had, but we’ve had similar issues reported in the past on Windows, both in Chrome and IE.

We have been using CM System 6.7 and noticed this issue last week. Since we are not using the most up to date version of the system, we had to have our users change their Java versions back to Java 7 update 25 and then access their Java Control Panel and reduce the Security Level to Medium. Otherwise the Java plug-in popups (asking if this plugin should be activated) pop up and interrupt the proper functionality of the Ephox Editor. All fields not controlled by the Ephox Editor were still updating as expected. Maybe on a newer version of the CM System all you would need to change is the Security Level, but this is what helped us.