Content editor fails to display the 3 widgets tab -preview, design code tab

I need some insights.
Yesterday we moved from Rx 6.7 to Rx 7.2, but when I went to edit a content using Internet explorer, the editor does not display the 3 widgets we usually see at the bottom of the content editor. In fact it returns a jquery error.

My guess is, it has to do with “editLive” setting.

The funny things, Rx runs smoothly on firefox and I don’t have any issue in our development environment. The only issue is on another environment.

please advise

below is the error that IE outputs when I tried to open edit a content item -

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:34:36 UTC

Message: Unable to get value of the property ‘setOffset’: object is null or undefined
Line: 10200
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://xxxxxxxxx/Rhythmyx/sys_resources/js/jquery/jquery-ui.js

Can you assist?
I personally think
1 - that the error is not related to java, as other environments including firefox runs RX 7.2 smoothly
2- I don’t think it is related to IE either as 7.2 runs smootly with IE on the other environments

Please advise.

Kindly

Hi,

Is the error only happening on a specific client / version of Internet Explorer or all clients with Internet Explorer? Also can you confirm that the browser and java caches were cleared on the client having problems? Sometimes the applet / JS code can be cached so the older Edit Live version is loaded which causes problems. Also has the latest 7.2 patch been applied?

Thanks,

-n

[QUOTE=benieveronique;21191]below is the error that IE outputs when I tried to open edit a content item -

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:34:36 UTC

Message: Unable to get value of the property ‘setOffset’: object is null or undefined
Line: 10200
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://xxxxxxxxx/Rhythmyx/sys_resources/js/jquery/jquery-ui.js

Can you assist?
I personally think
1 - that the error is not related to java, as other environments including firefox runs RX 7.2 smoothly
2- I don’t think it is related to IE either as 7.2 runs smootly with IE on the other environments

Please advise.

Kindly[/QUOTE]

Thank you nate,

The version of ie that i have currently on my machine is “ie-9”
After the upgrade the following actions were taken:
1- went to ie setting and deleted all temporary files
2- went to java using control panel and deleted all the temporary files

restarted my machine but ie-9 opens up the content editor with error.

I agree with you the older version of the edit live is being loaded. That explains why i am currently having this issue. Firefox does not have this problem.

Please advise on the best way to clear the applet / JS code.

kindly

Could you please try to clear Ephox cache to see whether it helps?

Please follow instructions provided in following Ephox forum to clear the cache:
https://support.ephox.com/entries/35555673-Plugins-Fail-to-Load-in-Java-7-update-45-