Content Editor - Is it possible to change label of Update and Insert buttons?

Our users have requested that we “…Change the label on the Update and Insert buttons to Save” in the Rhythmyx content editor. Is this possible?

v = Rhythmyx 6.7 CMS-17

Thanks,

Patrick

Yes, you can but will be reverted back during an upgrade.

OK so where exactly does one make that change?

@tireregroover:

From my experience you will need to modify the file named “ActionList.xsl” located at /path/to/Rhythmyx/sys_resources/stylesheets/. You will find the input element around line 53. The element’s value attribute is being set to {DisplayLabel}. If you were wanting to change the label of these buttons you would need to add the transformation rules to test whether the “DisplayLabel” equals either value then set a new value for that attribute.

Example (untested) transformation rule:

<xsl:attribute name="value"><xsl:choose><xsl:when test="DisplayLabel='Insert' or DisplayLabel='Update'">Save</xsl:when><xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select="DisplayLabel"/></xsl:otherwise></xsl:choose></xsl:attribute>

As mentioned these changes will be overwritten upon upgrade, and you will have to perform the edits again.

There’s a lot in the documentation (Internationalizing and Localizing Rhythmyx) about localizing templates, but the same method can be used to update the English localizations of various Rhythmyx UI elements.

1. Execute Rhythmyx Language Tool <RhythmyxRoot>/rxlt/RhythmyxLanguageTool.bin
  2. Choose A. When it asks whether you want to include only missing keywords, enter “no”.
  3. Save the file as tobetranslated.tmx.
  4. Optionally create a backup of <RhythmyxRoot>/rxconfig/I18n/ResourceBundle.tmx. We’re about to overwrite it.
  5. Run an XSL transform on the .tmx file. I’ve done this by using a bash script, combined with the Xalan jars. Since it’s scripted, I can easily reinstate may changes after upgrades.
rebrand-tmx-xlst.sh <RhythmyxRoot>/rxlt/tobetranslated.tmx <RhythmyxRoot>/rxconfig/I18n/ResourceBundle.tmx

This is the shell script.

#!/bin/bash

export CLASSPATH=/apps/cms/local/xalan-j_2_7_1/xalan.jar:/apps/cms/local/xalan-j_2_7_1/serializer.jar:/apps/cms/local/xalan-j_2_7_1/xercesImpl.jar:/apps/cms/local/xalan-j_2_7_1/xml-apis.jar

if [ -z $1 ]; then
  echo "You must specify a valid target."
  exit;
fi

if [ -z $2 ]; then
  java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in $1 -xsl ./rhythmyx-language-tool-tmx.xslt
else
  java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in $1 -xsl ./rhythmyx-language-tool-tmx.xslt -out $2
fi

The xslt, rhythmyx-language-tool-tmx.xslt, is attached to this message since I couldn’t easily get it in a CODE block in the message. Also note I had to change the file extension from .xslt to .txt to be able to upload it.

1. Go to the Server Admin Console and execute “reload i18nresources”