Content Explorer using Safari on MAC?

One of our end users is having problems using the content explorer on Safari/Mac. He gets an error when trying to create new folders.

Is the content explorer supported on mac/safari?

David,

Yes, Content Explorer is supported on Safari Versions 2 and 3 on Mac OS X.

The currently published information regarding Mac support in Installing Rhythmyx is slightly out of date. It will be updated in a forthcoming errata release.

Can you describe the error the user is encountering?

RLJII

In gathering more information the user had the problem the the latest version of firefox on the Mac. When trying to create a new folder an XML string was displayed saying the title validation rule did not pass.

I will get more detailed information from the user.

The error seems to be on Mac Firefox 3.0.1. and Safari 3.1.2

Attatched is a screenshot of the error.

What happens if you try to create that folder (probably with the same name as an existing one, or with no name at all)? I think you’d get the same error.

It looks like the error occurs when the user enters a space in the folder name.

My co-worker was playing around with some validation rules so I believe it must be a configuration issue on our part.

We have found, on Safari 3 on the PC, and the new Chrome browser from Google that also uses the WebKit rendering engine, that Ephox EditLive fields do not “start up” (they initially display a pencil edit icon, but when you click on them to begin editing, the box goes blank) and checkbox trees do not pass on selections when you submit the Content Editor form.

If, as you say Safari is supported, we will report this as a bug to our local technical support.

I just want to clarify for everyone that we have not yet certified Rhythmyx for Firefox Version 3.0 or for Google Chrome.

As I noted below, we have certified support for Safari Version 3.

Personally, I’m doing very well with Firefox 3.0.1 on Windows XP. Though the Content Lists table is shifted to the right.

[QUOTE=Andrew Morrison;3898]We have found, on Safari 3 on the PC, and the new Chrome browser from Google that also uses the WebKit rendering engine, that Ephox EditLive fields do not “start up” (they initially display a pencil edit icon, but when you click on them to begin editing, the box goes blank) and checkbox trees do not pass on selections when you submit the Content Editor form.

If, as you say Safari is supported, we will report this as a bug to our local technical support.[/QUOTE]

I’m seeing this same behavior using IE6/Windows XP SP2, I receive the following error message:

Error: ‘document.getElementByID(…)’ is null or not an object

I have attached an image showing the error message, can anyone tell me how I might correct this or what might be causing this?

Thanks!

The error image provided does not give enough information to diagnose the issue. Please contact Percussion support for further help diagnosing this problem.