Content Item Not showing up

We have a strange issue…We created some content items programatically in folders. Those items were manually purged from the content Explorer.
I did verify that when we went to the folder, the content item was not there.

Now when we go back to program and run it again and have the same content items created again…we are getting the error:

16:19:23,296 INFO [STDOUT] com.percussion.webservices.PSErrorException: Failed
to add a list of child items or folders (ids ‘[16777215-101-4901]’) to the paren
t folder (id ‘16777215-101-1633’). The underlying error was: Failed to add child
objects to folder “MYFOLDER”. These objects had non-unique names within the targe
t folder: . These objects had non-unique names within supplied new children: XYZITEM[#19]…

It is strange that the percussion is complaining for items though the item is not there. However, when I did the search for the content item using the id, the search did found the content item.

So this means that we do a purge of the content item from the folder, the item does gets removed from the folder, but not permanently delete from Rhythmyx system. This is causing the probolem. Is this correct?

manvinder

Manvinder,

[QUOTE=manvinder12;12132]
So this means that we do a purge of the content item from the folder, the item does gets removed from the folder, but not permanently delete from Rhythmyx system. This is causing the probolem. Is this correct?[/QUOTE]

Removing Content Items from a Folder does not purge them from the system. It simply removes them from the specified Folder. If they have other Folder Relationships, they will still exist in those Folders. (If they have no Folder Relationships, they’re in the system, but you would have to search for them to find them.

Purging (deleting Content Items from the system entirely) is a separate action, and by default is restricted to users with admin privileges.

It does seem strange to me, however, that you are getting that error when you removed the Content Items from the Folder. Try using Impact Analysis on the Content Items and check their Folder Relationships. If the Folder Relationship still exists, then the Remove from Folder action did not work for some reason. If the Folder Relationship does not exist, you should probably follow up with Tech Support to investigate this problem further.

RLJII

Hi Manvinder

We had a similar issue albeit a while back. I think your webservices app still has the content items in cache. Build in a flush cache or flush folder cache and I think will solve the issue.

Cheers
James

To rljohnson

Purging (deleting Content Items from the system entirely) is a separate action, and by default is restricted to users with admin privileges

Are you sure?

All our roles can purge in Draft, which I understood was the default setting since 4.5. Other non-admin roles (with permissions) can purge in QA and Archive. The only default restriction that I am aware of is that NO ROLE can purge from the Public state.

Cara

The design was that by default, access to Purge would be limited to Admins.

But it turns out Cara is correct; the actual out-of-the-box implementation (at least as far back as Version 6.5.2, which is the oldest I checked) is more liberal. The visibility configuration of the Purge menu makes it visible not only to users with Admin rights, but also those with Assignee rights.

I also worked with the development architect to review the code and confirmed that at the code level, admin privileges are not required for purge. If a user can see the Purge Action in their menu, they can purge the Content Items.

RLJII