CSS Override Issues

I’m not sure if I’m experiencing a bug or if I’m just doing something completely wrong.

I haven’t used the “Override Theme CSS” very much in the past (can’t remember the last time). I’m trying to make an override of a theme as I want this to fix across the theme only but not the entire website.

As an example, I added the following to the “Override Theme CSS” tab on the template.

h3 {
color: #112d54 !important;
text-transform: uppercase !important;
font-weight: bold !important;
}

Saved. Didn’t show the changes on the preview. Published page…no luck. Full Published the site… no luck. Here is a page that uses that template: https://dickinsonstate.edu/about/. Looking to bold, color, capitalize the headings like “About DSU” on that page.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an obvious reason this feature wouldn’t be working?

We had an outside design team for the initial design so the override would be a perfect band-aid fix for us so we don’t break any other styling by accident.

Hi Josh,

I checked that about page and could not find your styling anywhere. It is definitely possible that there is a problem with the theme override feature - I will take some time to look further into the issue and will get back to you with an update.

Romario Mato
Customer Success Engineer

Do I need to create a ticket for this?

Josh

Hello Josh,

I will go ahead and create the ticket with the description you added and will continue to investigate the issue.

Romario Mato
Customer Success Engineer

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.