Database Backup Failing

I am trying to backup our Database dump. We are using SQL Server as the DB. When I try to back it up, I get the following error message:
Has anyone ever seen this kind of message? Just to confirm, I have plenty of space on my hardrive. IT is about 8GB, and I think DB should be no more than 3-4GB.

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Backup failed for Server ‘AMAZONA-4A6HTFA’. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended)

For help, click: Bing)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Backup+Server&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: A nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file “C:\Windows\TEMP\devdb201210240721.bak:” 112(There is not enough space on the disk.). (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: Bing)&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

Mavinder,

SQL Server thinks that there isn’t enough disk space free. There is not enough space on the disk. It looks like the dump is being written to a temp folder on the C drive which is probably where your TEMP environment variable is set too. Try re-pointing the system TEMP environmental variable to a folder on a drive with more free disk space and restarting the server/services.

Keep in mind that this error might actually be occurring on the remote SQL Server machine itself, not on your local drive.

-n

[QUOTE=manvinder12;20827]I am trying to backup our Database dump. We are using SQL Server as the DB. When I try to back it up, I get the following error message:
Has anyone ever seen this kind of message? Just to confirm, I have plenty of space on my hardrive. IT is about 8GB, and I think DB should be no more than 3-4GB.[/QUOTE]

The problem was because of insufficient space on the disk. Once we added another disk, the problem got resolved, and the backup happened. Thanks