Database publishing - retrieve related content field value without PSO Toolkit?

I’m working on database publishing for one of our content types right now, and am stuck at the moment. Our content type (press release) has a piece of related content (an image). I would like to publish the image file name from the image content item as part of my database publishing of the press release (the destination table includes the press release title, press release date, image filename, and few other columns)

I have read some other posts on using psoSlotTools.getSlotContents to assemble the related content (in this case the image) and then access it.

Does anyone know if there’s any way to get this information without installing the PSO Toolkit?

(My version is Rhythmyx 6.5.2)

-Kathleen

Kathleen,

You can always write your own JEXL function (in Java). Database publishing templates have to set all of the values in bindings, and there’s no way to obtain the JCR Nodes of the items that in slots without some sort of added function.

The good news is that we’ve written one for you (and it’s in the PSO Toolkit).

Dave

Thanks - I will use the toolkit. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something in the product itself.

-Kathleen