Database Publishing

Hi,

We have set up a database publishing template with child tables using a similar way as the implementation documentation. However, we have found out there are couple of issues and hope you guys can point us to the right directions.

We have got the db publishing working and could see the data published into the external database tables. However, when we publish more than one content item, the database child table rows would only get updated if the seq field is unique and I think is because the seq field is set as primary key which make senses. Then, we removed the seq field as a primary key and try to republish again. Then, this time we can only see one content item child values being updated in the child table even though we can see the parent table has two content items record being updated.

Would you be able to see why that could happen? Is that any additional setup that we need to do in order to have multiple content items values in the child table?

Rhythmyx version is currently using 6.6.

Cheers

Friendy

Can someone provide an update on this issue? I have the same problem. It appears that the only child data that gets published is the child data from the last parent content to be published. Whether it is overwriting the child table data, or whether it is only publishing the last parent’s child data, I can not tell, but the end result is the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Jason

So through superior deduction (or a lucky wild guess), I chaged my child table schema to make BOTH the “CONTENTID” and “SEQ” columns primary keys (compound keys) and it is now publishing correctly. The documentation screenshots do not show the child table with this configuration, it only shows the “SEQ” column as being a key. If you read the documentation on page 366 of the implementation guide (version 7.0.3) I guess you could see it both ways, but the screenshot on 367 shows only SEQ being the key, rather than both of them. After making the change, I regenerated the XML just for good measure, and publish worked correctly after that.

Hopefully this helps someone else down the road… I spent several hours putting forehead to keyboard wondering why it wasn’t working.

-J