Default workflow

Hi

We’ve just created a new content type for code and for about a week it was working ok. Now it seems to be a little odd!

When we tried to create a new content type the wizard kept sticking at the workflow as I could add all my workflows but it kept asking for a default one but there was no way to set it. See:

Is this a bug?

So we copied a current content type and made changes. It was fine but now when you open the content type it says default workflow is missing but I can’t select the one I need.

If you drag the required workflow into the available workflows for the content type in the ‘Content design’ tab it appears to copy.

However then when I open the content type to select it as the default it doesn’t appear either in the list of workflows or the drop-down for default.

See below:

The two lists of workflows for the content type don’t match.

Any ideas?
For reference our version is:
Version 6.5.2 Build 200710P01 (3265) [RX-14692]

Since this is a recent development in your environment, I’m doubtful that this is a bug. For this case, I think it would probably be best to submit a ticket with Tech Support. It looks like something in your environment may be misconifgured and causing problems.

Hi

Thanks for the reply a job has been logged but when I use the wizard to create a new content type how should I select the default workflow? The wizard is out of the box isn’t it - how can my environment have an impact on this?

Cheers,

Ian

The behavior you’re experiencing is not out of the box. Once you move a workflow over to the right hand side, the Next button should become available.

However then when I open the content type to select it as the default it doesn’t appear either in the list of workflows or the drop-down for default.

We had this over a year ago. It may be a setup issue, or could be connected with bugs in assigning workflows and content types to communities.

Which workflows are available as either “allowed” or the “default” in a content type seems to be determined by which workflows are “visible” for the same communities as the content type. There is/was a bug in 6.5.2 when assigning workflows to communities by dragging and dropping, especially when you have lots of communities, so you may think you have made a workflow visible but it isn’t anymore. Our workaround is to right-click on workflows and content types, and select Security, then specify which communities have “Runtime Access”.

Just done this on our dev box and it looks to have sorted it, so I’ll try it on live tomorrow.

Thank you for your help.

Default Workflow Combobox is below Selected Workflows list box.
Looks like the number of awailable workflows are causing the list box to extend and making the Default workflow invisible.
It looks like a bug, I will have Brendon test that scenario and submit a bug for it.