Disabling AA

I am looking to disable Active Assembly for a specific section of my templates. I have a template, that using a rffnav slot, loops through the navigation as it should and displays a thumbnail image that is assembled to a set of navon’s landing pages.

When using Active Assembly on the page that uses that template, AA completely breaks and has dojo errors. Tech support was able to give me this: “Having navigation in AA is not best practices.” and so far that is the best we can do.

From within the rffnav slot template, I call the #node_slot slot, with rffNavLandingPage as the slot name. This specific line of code is what is causing the error.

Any advice on fixing this? Or just disabling AA so that code won’t break. I don’t mind it not being seen during AA, but must have it publish out.

I’ve tried wrapping it in an if statement that checks $sys.activeAssembly for being true, and that also doesn’t work. In fact, that variable seems to be all out of wack.

Thanks,
Nick D

Addressed this question as a tech support issue. The disconnect was in how you were using navigation slot in AA. Informed customer that Navigation items are not AA 'ble. With dev, we then re-implemented the template with a macro on the lines of node_slot macro. This issue is fixed.

I’m still interested to know if this is possible. Especially the $sys.activeAssembly variable, and using it correctly.