Dispatch Template Problems

Hello All,

We have 4 page template and one dispatch template for a content item. I did set the publish values for page template as Never and Dispatch Template as Default.

When I preview the content item using the dispatch template, it chooses the correct template and renders the template properly.

When I publish the content item though the publishing routine does choose the correct template, I am having problems rendering it. The template does not display content from slots.

For e.g.
In my page template, I am reading values from a slot and rendering them using

<!-- Begin Main Content –>
DEBUG : ENTER MAIN
#set($slotname = “main_content_slot”)
#set($slotparams = “”)##
#initslot($slotname $slotparams)##
#if($sys.currentslot.relresults.size() > 0)
DEBUG : ENTER IF
#foreach($relresult in $sys.currentslot.relresults )
$rx.doc.extractBody($relresult)</br>
#end
#end
#endslot($slotname)
DEBUG :END MAIN
<!-- End Main Content –>

When I preview the page, I see the contents of the slot along with the debug messages. When I publish the page and view it from the published folder, I only see the following debug statements.

DEBUG :BEGIN MAIN
DEBUG :END MAIN

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

• Ravi

Hi Ravi

Are you sure it’s publishing out the correct template?

Does the “main_content_slot” appear on the other templates that the dispatch templates uses?

Check the publishing logs, It should give you the url it used the publish the content. Copy the URL and paste into browser and see if you get the results.

Cheers
James

Jimbo,

The dispatch template is choosing the correct template. I can see that in the publishing logs. But there is no content from any slot. All I can see on the page are the regular local data of the page.

We are publishing to a file server. Should that cause any problem?

Ravi