Documentation for various content editor controls

I have been trying to convert my legacy content editors to use the new sys_checkboxtree control - with help from tech support.

However it would be a lot easier if documentation on the different controls was provided either as part of the workbench or as part of the implementation guide. Most of the controls are fairly self explanatory, but as I’m finding with the checkboxtree it can be quite tricky working out what exactly is required without asking support.

In this case it appears that the format of the underlying XML for the checkboxtree has changed, so I am left with a tree that renders but does not give me the option to “check” the items in the tree.

Are there any plans for documentation of this sort?

With Rhythmyx Version 6.1, we released the Rhythmyx Technical Reference Manual. The chapter on Content Editors includes detailed documentation for each of the Content Editor Controls shipped with Rhythmyx. Specifically, see pp. 39-64. This document is backwards-compatible with Rhythmyx Version 6.1.

The 6.5 Version of this document is available on the Forums. The section on Content Editor controls did not include any updates that are not compatible with earlier versions of Rhythmyx.

Excellent, thanks.