dynamic dropdown for content type

Does anyone know if its possible to create dynamic dropdowns for a content type??

Basically in my content type I would like a dropdown for “Type” and then if the author selects say “Feature Article” I would want a secondary dropdown “Categories” to dynamically change to the categories specific to that type.

Shane

This sort of thing has come up several times before on these forums. The answer generally seems to be that you can do nothing “dynamic” (i.e. anything that updates without the user clicking the Insert/Save button) with the basic controls that are available in 6.5.2. You cannot fill the options in a multi-choice control, nor can you hide and reveal controls, based on what the user has selected/entered in other controls. But you could probably create your own custom control, along with some JavaScript, and a method to keep track of which options to display in the second control for each option selected in the first.

Andrew.

I know it’s a late reply, but you could use the PSODynamicDropDown control.

http://forum.percussion.com/showthread.php?10181-How-to-Implement-the-PSODynamicDropDown-Control-in-Percussion-CM-System-6.7&p=17259#post17259