Editions

Hi,

I have created an edition and have added 2 content lists in that edition for publishing. Whenever this edition is run, the first content list gets published but second one does not. One content list is for publishing to the filesystem and the second one is for database. If I add ‘filesystem’ content list to the edition first then it gets published and the ‘database’ content list does not. If I add ‘database’ content list to the edition first then that gets published and the ‘filesystem’ content list does not.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Thank you,
-Shruti

Have you added the sequence numbers in the Edition Properties screen? We use increments of 10…
[ul]
[li]ContentList_1 - 10
[/li][li]ContentList_2 - 20
[/li][li]ContentList_3 - 30
[/li][/ul]

Try this and see how your Edition runs.

Cara

Hi Cara-m,

Thank you for replying! I did not get what is meant by adding sequence numbers in the editions screen. Please take a look at the edition that I have created. I have DB content list in this first and by running this edition the metadata in the DB only gets created. If I make the DB content list second in the edition list then the metadata does not get created.
This edition is supposed to perform the ‘Demand Publish’ which means that it will publish the ‘selected content item’ whenever the user wants it to.

Attaching the screen shots.

Thanks again,
-Shruti

Hello

You must be using 6.7… we haven’t upgraded yet so the sequence numbers I referred to are in 6.5.2. I haven’t used 6.7 yet, so can’t help you with this.

Sorry,
Cara