Entire incremental fails

Rx 5.71

We are experiencing our incrementals failing every so often with the following in the log

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8” ?>

• <publicationstatus pubstatusid=“17145”>
    <status>Error</status>
    <message>child id, 82332, does not exist in item cache, but it is a dependent of relationship id, 506613</message>
    </publicationstatus>

When I physically query the relevant tables neither the content id or the relationship id turn up anything. Could this be linked to users setting content to unpublish but immediately purging it?

Thanks.

I have seen this before. I was not able to find the child id (contentid) in the contentstatus table, but I was able to find the relationship (rid) in the relationship table.

In my case, the parent was a folder. Somehow, the item was deleted, but it’s still registered as a child in a folder…

Further investigation has revealed that the order of events is always the same - a piece of content gets set to unpublish, it unpublishes successfully and then when the item is purged (this can be days later in some of the cases) the next incremental fails completely with the error shown below.

When the item is purged, does the user happen to be in a different community than the item being purged?

I’ll have to ask - however, we try to make sure that the purge option only appears for members of the same community as the item (we have lots and lots of communities).