Error message when uploading an .exe file via File widget in Asset Library and in Page

Hi,
I have an Outlook Add-in that needs to be downloadable from our website. The Add-in is just under 150MBs in size and it is an .exe. I’ve tried two approaches to upload it to CM1 and have experienced errors both ways. First I tried to go through the Asset Library to create it as an asset using the File widget. Then I tried creating a new template, adding a File widget on the template, and uploading it through that widget. I receive error message: “java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “undefined”.”

Any suggestions on what could be happening?

Thanks,
Catherine

Hi Catherine,

It’s possible the size of the EXE file is causing this issue. Can you tell me what type of database your instance of CM1 connects to (Derby, MSSQL, MySQL) so I can test this?

Have you tried uploading the file through the Bulk Upload gadget, and if so, does that output a different error?

Hi Nathaniel,
Sorry for the delay in responding. I have tried the Bulk Upload gadget and it gives me the following error: TrustXOutlookAddinSe… (141.93MB) - HTTP Error.

We have MySQL on the box and it is running.

Hi Catherine,

I’ve sent you a message through a support ticket I created for this issue. Please check your inbox for that.

For other customers with a similar issue, Catherine is using MySQL for her CM1 application database, and by default MySQL is configured with a max allowed packet size of 1MB. If this is left at the default, you will encounter a plain HTTP error when uploading an asset larger than 1MB using the bulk upload gadget, and you will receive a more detailed error when attempting to create a new file asset with the same file, which contains this key piece:

S1000: Packet for query is too large (147813989 > 1048576). You can change this value on the server by setting the max_allowed_packet’ variable.

As indicated by this error, the solution is simple enough. This document on the MySQL help site outlines how to increase the database’s max allowed packet size:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/e…

It is recommended to set the max allowed packet size to 150MB, as this is the maximum file size for assets uploaded through the Bulk Upload Gadget.