Firefox 3.6.17 and CM System 6.7 - security error in Active Assembly

We are testing our 6.7 upgrade (from 6.5.2), and are getting an error when opening an item in Active Assembly:

FATAL exception raised: Security error

Has anyone seen this before? We haven’t changed anything about the template or content type during the upgrade.

Thanks for any and all suggestions-
Kathleen

I faintly remember experiencing this at some point. To be honest, I don’t concretely what it was, but I believe it had something to do with the Ajax cross-domain restrictions. Make sure that the hostname that you are using to hit content explorer is the same hostname that the JBoss app server has bound to the Percussion instance. I’m not sure if any DNS aliases or anything like that might be throwing a monkey wrench in the works.

Thanks,
Duane

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like the host name is consistent throughout our configuration, so I don’t think that’s the problem. I’ll keep looking, but if anyone has any additional suggestions, I’d be happy to hear them.

-Kathleen

We found that the site stylesheets were the problem - the tag includes an absolute URL with a web domain that’s different from the application server, i.e.

<link rel=“stylesheet” href="http://www.mathworks.com/

So, we’ll be working on another solution to make those stylesheet links relative when users are working within the Active Assembly page.

-Kathleen

When posting html or css tags you need to click the advanced button and highlight the text and click the html icon. Otherwise it will just strip out your code.

So how did you fix this? We keep all of our stylesheets external to Rhythmyx, and do not want them inside if we don’t have to.

Sorry about my previous reply - I forgot to quote the tags, so the tag for the stylesheet didn’t show up. Here is the revised reply:

We found that the site stylesheets were the problem - the tag includes an absolute URL with a web domain that’s different from the application server, i.e.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.mathworks.com/includes_content/css/site5_pre.css" type="text/css">

We also don’t want to store our stylesheets in Rhythmyx, so we have worked around that. Our server machine is able to see the filesystem location of our production stylesheets, so we set up a CONTEXT node in the server.xml file in /local/apps/cms/AppServer/server/rx/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar to point local references to our production stylesheets. We refer to the relative path, /includes_content/css, and then point that path to the actual file system location of the stylesheets (/rel/www/external-stage/htdocs/includes_content/css). Here’s what the Context node looks like - it is a node within the Host node:

<Host....>
<Context docBase="/rel/www/external-stage/htdocs/includes_content/css" path="/includes_content/css" allowLinking="true" />
</Host>