FOP Assembler and greek, italic and bold PDF output

Hi there,

has anyone managed to output a pdf from rhythmyx using a font that caters for greek characters and italic and bold styling? We can get the greek working using the arial unicode font but i cannot get hold of any ttf files for the bold and italic versions. Does anyone have copies of theses files?

Thanks in advance

This page has more information on how fonts are handled by the Apache FOP library.

I think the version distributed with the Assembler is currently version .93. This means that you would have to register a specific TTF font in the fop.config if you wanted to use it.

Base-14 Fonts

The Adobe PostScript and PDF Specification specify a set of 14 fonts that must be available to every PostScript interpreter and PDF reader: Helvetica (normal, bold, italic, bold italic), Times (normal, bold, italic, bold italic), Courier (normal, bold, italic, bold italic), Symbol and ZapfDingbats.

Please note that recent versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader replace “Helvetica” with “Arial” and “Times” with “Times New Roman” internally. GhostScript replaces “Helvetica” with “Nimbus Sans L” and “Times” with “Nimbus Roman No9 L”. Other document viewers may do similar font substitutions. If you need to make sure that there are no such substitutions, you need to specify an explicit font and embed it in the target document…

I wonder if you may be running into something like the substitution that they are describing there.

You could try downloading one of these and embedding it if specifically declaring and embedding one of the other fonts isn’t working.

-n