Force checkin

Can we get the Force checkin capability to non admin users. I need to grant it to Editor user. Is it possible?

thanks
Manvinder

Or is it possible to create a new role that has the right to Force checkin, or is there any workaround to this? We cannot give admin rights to everyone.

The Force Check-in is a system menu and is displayed for the “Workflow Administrator” role for the Workflow that Content is associated with. Workflow Admins can be different from the System Admin role. So what you should be able to do is add a new role, edit the workflow and set it’s Administrator to be that new role. Then add your users that need force check in to that workflow role and make sure you add your System Admin users to the new role as well.

-n

Just curious how do you change the workflow admin user, so that the new role that we created becomes the workflow admin role?

When you edit the Workflow from the Workflow tab, you will see an Administrator field. That sets the workflow Admin.
-n

Thanks…I was able to make the edit. I was able to grant non admin users right to be able to Force Checkin. My only concern is that the separation of workflow admin user and system admin user may create system problems? Are you aware of any cons of this?

thanks
manvinder

Is it possible to have more than one admin role to become the admin role for a workflow? This way we can make both the system admin and the new workflow admin role to become workflow admin role. And wont need to copy over all the system admin users to the new workflow admin role.

Manvinder

Only one role can be the Admin role for a workflow. But it is a role so you can add as many members to that as you would like.

-n

[QUOTE=manvinder12;21151]Is it possible to have more than one admin role to become the admin role for a workflow? This way we can make both the system admin and the new workflow admin role to become workflow admin role. And wont need to copy over all the system admin users to the new workflow admin role.

Manvinder[/QUOTE]

OK…Thanks