how do you remove folders?

Under Sites I have a folder that I want to remove but I don’t have the option to remove it. How can I remove it? I’ve done a search in all the documentation on the installation CD and nothing about removing folders…

Shane

Shane,

The online Help for Content Explorer addresses this. See “Deleting a Folder”.

You must have admin privileges in the Folder to delete it. If the user logged in does not have admin privileges, the Delete option is not included in the menu.

RLJII

Thanks I meant how to delete the main folder or site node? I meant to create it under one of the sites but I had Sites highlighted instead so it created there. Now i can’t see how to remove it.

Shane

Shane,

I’m a little unclear.

If you mean you want to remove the //Sites node or the //Folders node, Rhythmyx does not allow that action.

If you mean you accidentally created a Folder under the //Site Folder (//Sites/MyRoot) and instead wanted it to be under another Site root Folder (//Sites/ExistingRoot/MyRoot), you don’t have to delete the Folder and start over again. You can drag and drop to move the Folder to the location you prefer. When you drop the Folder, choose Move on the popup menu. Afterward, be sure to update the Site registration to specify the new location.

If you’re trying to do something different, can you clarify?

RLJII

Hmm, i had tried that before and it didn’t work, now it does, weird stuff. Thanks…

Shane