How to get a value for a text field

This should be simple but I can’t remember how to access a value in a text area that is contained in a child table.

The code below gets the child table values, then should display the values. The rx:course_title is the text area object but I can’t remember how to access the value, I have tried .String, .Value…

#foreach($nonCourse in $nonCourses)##{tr>{td>$nonCourse.getProperty("rx:course_title").???{/td>{td>$nonCourse.getProperty("rx:course_credits").String{/td>{/tr>
#end##

*all greater than characters replaced with {.

The console message when using .value:

Invalid column type: getCLOB not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CVarcharAccessor

The field is
Control: sys_TextArea
data type: text
storage size: max

The only difference with others on our systems is that is it stored in a child table.

Stephen,

You should use the #children macro to add data from a child table to a Template. This macro automatically handles adding the correct table markup. For details, see “Adding Child Data to a Page Template”, p. 164, in the Rhythmyx Implementation Guide (Version 6.7 link).

RLJII

Thanks RL,

Following the example in the Implementation Guide also resulted in the following error message:

2010-01-20 14:16:43,086 ERROR [PSVelocityAssembler] Problem assembling output for item: 7-102-101 with template: erauSnGroupChildCourses
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type: getCLOB not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CVarcharAccessor

I changed the storage size of the sys_TextArea to 1000 instead of “max” and it appears to be working now.

Thanks for your help!